Monday, January 3, 2011

Life as I know it

My name is Courtney and I was born in San Diego, California.  I am an August baby...and a true Leo at times.  My family moved to Washington state when I was about 7 years old and I've lived here ever since.  I can't say that I have ever become a true "Washintonian", seeing that I love sunshine and warm weather!  I am half Chinese and half Italian, which is a unique mix and I have yet to meet someone with that combination.  I have two older siblings, named Nicole and Chris, as well as two amazing parents.  I am a super outgoing person and I love...love....LOVE to laugh.  Usually, I end up laughing at myself more then anything, but I am very laid back and love to have a good time and experience new things!  School and work seem to consume a lot of my time, but it is definitely a love/hate relationship.  As much as I despise the hard work and stresses, I thrive on the accomplishments and successes that I derive from such challenges. I am currently working at 24 Hour Fitness and I love it.  One of the biggest stress relievers for me is working out...especially running!  When times get tough, I crank up the music and spend a couple hours at the gym sweating away the problems!  When I am not busy with school or work, I love spending time with friends and family.  The people I have in my life at the moment are the most encouraging, supportive, and amazing people.  I could not have dreamed of a better family or friends.  My best friend's name is Janay.  I have known her for a little over a year now, but it feels like we have known eachother our entire lives.  She's the kind of person that you know will be there for you no matter what, the kind that will never leave your side no matter how tough things get.  I never thought it was possible to look at a person and just know exactly what they're thinking, but I guess that is why they call it "best friends".  We have the best times together full of gut retching laughs and I am so glad I have such a down to earth and genuine friend.  

I am currently in a Survey of Environmental Sciences class at my college. Which is the reason for the creation of this blog.  My ultimate dream is to pursue a career in Radiation Therapy and furthermore Radiation and Imaging Sciences.  In the fall of 2009 my dad was sent to the emergency room and later diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, which is a type of cancer.  Ever since I stepped foot in the Radiation department of Evergreen Hospital, I knew that is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.  My dad is on a very healthy road to recovery and I aspire to be the person who has a positive impact on one's life in the near future.


Boy :)




My Best Friend Janay

My amazing sister and I on Halloween



My Family on Christmas
(Dad, Brother and his Wife, Me, Sister, Mom....and of course the furry children!)

No comments:

Post a Comment