Friday, January 14, 2011
Twenty Questions
I was recently given a task to sit outside and come up with 20 questions about my natural surroundings. They didn't have to tie together...they could be completely random. The only suggestion was to word the questions based off of a separate observation, in other words you were almost trying to find meaning based off of numerous observations. It seemed like an easy task but it became a lot more difficult than I had originally anticipated. There is so many simple and complex things about nature. We are always so busy that we often forget to take a minute and admire our beautiful surroundings. It is funny how the most beautiful and breath taking things in life are free and always in front of us, we are just too busy searching and looking for that beauty that we don't actually see what's in front of our eyes. Since it is raining most of the time in Washington, I tend to forget how extraordinary it actually is. I will be the first to admit that during winter time I spend most of my time inside, trying to avoid torrential downpours and wind storms. It usually isn't until those warm summer nights with gorgeous sunsets that I remember the beauty of nature, but this assignment allowed me to open my eyes and see more of what nature had to offer. I think everyone should take some time to sit outside and think about how you are affected by nature...how you impact it...all of the aspects that make up "nature"...etc. You don't necessarily have to come up with 20 questions, but it allows you to take a step away from your hectic life and relax...just let your mind wonder :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment